To support the expansion of these types of resources across the United States, in October 2020, Congress designated 988 as the universal telephone number to facilitate easier access to the national suicide prevention and mental health crisis hotline system operating through the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline maintained by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Veterans Crisis Line maintained by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA).
Connecticut 988 Information
- An Act Concerning Children’s Mental Health (988 is Sections 25-30, 39)
- CT 988 Implementation Plan
- Dial 9-8-8 to Reach National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Starting Mid-July
- Shortened Number to Call When in Distress Available in July
National 988 Information
- 988 Fact Sheet (English, Spanish-Español)
- 988: America’s Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Crisis Lifeline | SAMHSA
- Learning Community – #CrisisTalk (crisisnow.com)
- National Suicide Hotline Designation Act of 2020
- The Promise of 988 video
- Vibrant and 988 – Vibrant Emotional Health : Vibrant Emotional Health
- What is 988?
Contact Us for further information or to request a 988 presentation.