In the News
- Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services Receives 9-8-8 State Planning Grant – The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) announced it has received the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s (Lifeline) 9-8-8 State Planning Grant to develop a strategic plan for Connecticut in preparation for the nationwide rollout of the Lifeline’s new 9-8-8 number. In July 2022, 9-8-8 will become the new national three-digit number for the Lifeline, providing mental health crisis and suicide response. Read more.
- In collaboration with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Office of the Surgeon General, the Action Alliance and its partners helped to develop The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Implement the National Strategy for Suicide Prevention (Call to Action). The Call to Action identifies six key actions that must be prioritized and implemented now in order to reverse the upward trend of suicide deaths in the U.S.
- Connecticut’s Suicide Prevention Plan 2025 has been released. PLAN 2025 was developed by the CT Suicide Advisory Board (CTSAB) chaired by the CT Department of Children and Families (DCF), the CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), and the CT Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. All are are committed to implementing the goals and objectives of the PLAN 2025.
Hi, I’m Gizmo! I’m a K9 First Responder and Therapy dog, and the mascot for the CT Suicide Prevention Campaign- 1 Word, 1 Voice 1 Life…Be the 1 to start the conversation!
In Connecticut, on average, someone dies by suicide every day of the year…It doesn’t have to be this way.
Are you worried for yourself or someone else? Are you thinking about suicide?
- Do you feel you have tried everything, and nothing seems to make the pain go away?
- Do you feel like you have no where to turn?
- Do you feel like your answer is suicide?
If you live in Connecticut, please take one moment and dial 2-1-1 and press 1. If outside of CT dial 1-800-273 8255
- Get Resources For Yourself
- Get Resources For Someone Else
- Find Stories of Hope and Recovery
- Visit Our Safe Space