In the News
- Tragically, CT has lost 7 youth to suicide thus far in 2020 with 4 deaths in October alone. The CT Suicide Advisory Board (CTSAB), in collaboration with multiple partners, has created the CT Public Health Alert and Call to Action for Youth Suicide. (Español) We urge you to review it carefully, take action, and share it broadly with your youth-serving contacts. Our hope is that the Alert will increase awareness and vigilance to recognize and respond to the existing mental/emotional health needs of youth.
- Connecticut Receives Grant to Help Prevent Suicide Amid Pandemic -The State of Connecticut was awarded a five-year, $3.5 million grant from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to enhance a range of suicide prevention activities coordinated among several state agencies. The grant initiative is titled, “A Public Health Approach to Comprehensive Suicide Prevention in Connecticut” (CSP), and it will run through August 31, 2025 aligned with the new CT Comprehensive Suicide Prevention Plan 2025. (Press Release, Overview)
- Connecticut’s Suicide Prevention Plan 2025 has been released. PLAN 2025 was developed by the CT Suicide Advisory Board (CTSAB) chaired by the CT Department of Children and Families (DCF), the CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), and the CT Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. All are are committed to implementing the goals and objectives of the PLAN 2025.
Hi, I’m Gizmo! I’m a K9 First Responder and Therapy dog, and the mascot for the CT Suicide Prevention Campaign- 1 Word, 1 Voice 1 Life…Be the 1 to start the conversation!
In Connecticut, on average, someone dies by suicide every day of the year…It doesn’t have to be this way.
Are you worried for yourself or someone else? Are you thinking about suicide?
- Do you feel you have tried everything, and nothing seems to make the pain go away?
- Do you feel like you have no where to turn?
- Do you feel like your answer is suicide?
If you live in Connecticut, please take one moment and dial 2-1-1 and press 1. If outside of CT dial 1-800-273 8255
- Get Resources For Yourself
- Get Resources For Someone Else
- Find Stories of Hope and Recovery
- Visit Our Safe Space