In the News
- America’s Largest Suicide Prevention Organization Shares a New Resource for Young Children, “Gizmo’s Pawesome Guide to Mental Health©” – In honor of May being National Mental Health Awareness Month, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is launching nationwide interactive Read-Along programs based on the children’s book, Gizmo’s Pawesome Guide to Mental Health© in partnership with the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) and the United Way of CT/2-1-1 on behalf of the CT Suicide Advisory Board (CTSAB) to promote positive mental health habits and trusted-adult connections for elementary-aged children. Read more.
- Dpartment of Mental Health and Addiction Services Receives 9-8-8 State Planning Grant – The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) announced it has received the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline’s (Lifeline) 9-8-8 State Planning Grant to develop a strategic plan for Connecticut in preparation for the nationwide rollout of the Lifeline’s new 9-8-8 number. In July 2022, 9-8-8 will become the new national three-digit number for the Lifeline, providing mental health crisis and suicide response. Read more.
- Connecticut’s Suicide Prevention Plan 2025 has been released. PLAN 2025 was developed by the CT Suicide Advisory Board (CTSAB) chaired by the CT Department of Children and Families (DCF), the CT Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS), and the CT Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. All are are committed to implementing the goals and objectives of the PLAN 2025.
Hi, I’m Gizmo! I’m a K9 First Responder and Therapy dog, and the mascot for the CT Suicide Prevention Campaign- 1 Word, 1 Voice 1 Life…Be the 1 to start the conversation!
In Connecticut, on average, someone dies by suicide every day of the year…It doesn’t have to be this way.
Are you worried for yourself or someone else? Are you thinking about suicide?
- Do you feel you have tried everything, and nothing seems to make the pain go away?
- Do you feel like you have no where to turn?
- Do you feel like your answer is suicide?
If you live in Connecticut, please take one moment and dial 2-1-1 and press 1. If outside of CT dial 1-800-273 8255
- Get Resources For Yourself
- Get Resources For Someone Else
- Find Stories of Hope and Recovery
- Visit Our Safe Space